Timeless - A Love Story

Posted: Wednesday 15 October 2014 by Hellllbender in
1



She was German by origin. I was a child when I first saw her. To me she was always beautiful. There was hardly anything I could ever compare her to. Petite, slim with a dark lustrous body – there was a sublime grace about her that was absent from any of her contemporaries. It wasn't just me; anyone and everyone who saw her could not help but appreciate her exquisite elegance. She was in a class of her own. For years and years I craved to possess her. It did not matter that I was too young, too immature to handle her. It did not matter that common sense forbade any interaction between us. It did not matter that the norms of my society and culture forbade any relationship between us. Nothing mattered. I wanted her. I fantasized about the day when I would hold her in my hands. When I would finally own her, possess her, never to let her out of my sight again. But she was always just out of my reach, teasing me, torturing me. The agony was excruciating.

Over the years, I realized some things are just never meant to happen. And some are. I was almost 19 when I finally decided I was old enough to reach out for her. But certain formalities, certain paperwork, certain procedures had to be followed. I don’t know why it took so long for it all to work out. I waited in desperation for the slow legal system to get its wheels moving. And then the long wait finally came to an end. My heart’s deepest desire was fulfilled. She and I were finally together, forever.

My love for my gun is timeless.

(Originally written by the author for seecstimes around two years ago.)


Written by: Zain Shah


1 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    it simply left a smile on my face for long