Episode 2 - Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter

Posted: Sunday 22 October 2017 by Hellllbender in
0


Some of you will remember these events. Some will be able to relate to them. Some will only be able to enjoy. This is the second episode of the reminiscences of my university life. Each audio episode will be accompanied by a transcription, wherein I will try my best to retain the expression of the original Urdu version, however as is obvious, there is only so much accuracy that a translation can attain.
Permit me to regale you...

 

"In the early days it was easy to enter the campus, but hard to spend time in the classes. The primary reason for this was the absence of speed breakers from the roads of NUST, and the complete lack of ACs and fans in the classrooms. Later, the university installed ACs, fans and monthly speedbreakers on the roads. In this way with the passage of time, staying in the classes became easier, but entering the campus became a torture. Coming from Gate 10 with a speed of 100 km/h down the slope in those days, now seems like a forlorn memory from times long gone. But the university admin cannot be blamed either. Truth is, despite living miles away, I used to reach the classes before the students residing in the hostels did. Don't get me wrong - I don't mean to imply that I used to arrive on time. I used to be late, and the hostel dwellers used to be a bit more late."


0 comments: